Dolphin Conservation in Zanzibar
When it comes to volunteering in Africa, we are the experts. Our team of international and local staff on the ground run over 80 different volunteer programs in 10 different African countries, so we know first-hand what volunteering can achieve.
We believe in the power of responsible volunteering, which is why every project is run hand-in-hand with local communities and why you can be certain that you will have a safe, fun and rewarding experience in Africa with us!
Every second Sunday throughout the year
A Typical Day on this Course
Imagine waking up to a stunning sunrise over the warm Indian Ocean, and being just a few steps away from the beach? Well, our Zanzibar volunteers are just that lucky!
If you're interested in spending your days out on the ocean and working closely with local people, then you should join our tribe there!
Each day (Monday - Friday) you will get involved in a variety of different activities, which will include:
- Daily monitoring of dolphin-human interactions and dolphin tourism
- Swimming ethically with wild dolphins in their natural habitat
- Educating local people on the importance of marine conservation
- Running a conservation club for young children
- Facilitating ethical boat tour workshops
- Coral reef bleaching surveys
- Monitoring fishing activity
Weekends consist of free time, where volunteers can explore the local area, visit Stone Town, go scuba diving, visit restaurants, or just relax on the beautiful beaches!
What we are looking for
Volunteers must be aged 18 or above to participate in this project, as well as be hard-working, flexible, FUN, and passionate about marine conservation!
What we can offer you
The project fee entails financing that goes directly back into the project that you are involved with in Zanzibar.
As well as this, your fee includes:
- Transport between Zanzibar International Airport and your project base on set Mondays only.
- 24/7 support from on-site African Impact staff.
- All boat trips, transfers and ethical dolphin swims that are project related, during your stay.
- Full board and lodging, which includes 3 meals a day at our volunteer house.
- Thorough induction and orientation program, including a security briefing, health and safety briefing, as well as research training.