Activity Leader – PE - Middlesex
with Fit For Sport
|Childcare Teaching Adventure|
|Recruiting for term time and activity camps all year round|
A job with Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting, whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or outdoor industry career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun!
A Typical Day in the Job
Fit For Sport are the UK’s Leading provider of Physical Education, Physical Activity, Sports Coaching and Childcare provisions. With over 27 years of operational experience, Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting.
Whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or Physical Education career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun – Fit For Sport will have a position for you.
A Typical Day In The Job…
Reporting into your Regional/Site Manager, you will be responsible for delivering high quality Physical Education Lessons, which adhere to the guidelines of the KS1 National Curriculum. You will also be tasked with providing clear and professional lesson plans, detailing aims and objectives and overall outcomes of each lesson. As this is KS1 Curriculum PE, it is important that your lessons are inclusive
There may be times when you will have to feedback to parents or school staff, so you will always need to present yourself in a professional manner.
Day to Day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Plan and deliver a high-quality National Curriculum Physical Education Lessons at Key Stage 1 level.
• Complete PE planning documentation (Year plan, U Plan & Z plan) when required
• Liaising and providing feedback with/to site staff (school staff)
• Carry out promotional work and ground level marketing campaigns
• Working closely with the rest of your site team to ensure all safeguarding and health and safety standards are kept up and met.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an outgoing, enthusiastic and inspirational character, with a background in Sports Coaching and or Physical Education. You will be a confident communicator, with the ability to vary your communication style effectively dependant on the audience you are addressing. Experience delivering high quality, curriculum level Physical Education is essential; it is desirable that your experience comes from a KS1 environment.
Most importantly, you will possess a passion for all things active! We continue to work hard to enforce our values at every level across Fit For Sport, so it is vital that you are able to adhere to them at all times. The Fit For Sport values are:
- ROLE MODEL
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Qualifications and Experience:
Although not essential, it is highly desirable that you possess one or more of the following:
- A minimum of at least one Level 1 Sports Coaching qualification from a recognised NGB (National Governing Body)
- Relevant Degree or Higher Education Certificate
- Relevant Physical Education & School Sports Certification
- A minimum of 1 Year Experience delivering Curriculum Level PE in a school setting.
What we can offer you
• 50% Discount on access to our services for your children – if you have any!
• Opportunity to complete a Pediatric First Aid Course through Fit For Sport
• Access to a range of Professional Development Training, Including Core Modules such as Safeguarding Children and the Common Core; as well as Site Management Training opportunities
• We will pay to sign you up to the DBS Update Service
• 28 days paid holiday (including UK Bank Holidays) each year (pro rata for part-timers)
• You’ll have access to our pension in service schemes
• Access to the cycle to work scheme
• Branded Company Uniform (Kukri) provided free of charge
• Clear pathways to progress with Fit For Sport; from extensive training and further development opportunities, to allow you to prosper both professionally and personally.
Fit For Sport is the UK’s Leaders with over 27 years' experience in developing children's health and activity levels; to help us change children’s lives today, join our winning team by clicking APPLY NOW!