Recruiting for term time and activity camps all year round
A job with Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting, whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or outdoor industry career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun!
A Typical Day in the Job
Fit For Sport are the UK’s Leading provider of Physical Education, Physical Activity, Sports Coaching and Childcare provisions. With over 27 years of operational experience, Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting.
Whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or Physical Education career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun – Fit For Sport will have a position for you.
A Typical Day In The Job…
Reporting into your Site Manager, you will support the business with your knowledge and experience of compliance e.g. sign in / sign out, headcounts accident and incident reporting procedures as examples. You will also support the Site Manager as part of the delivery team in delivering a range of multi-activities in line with the Fit For Sport programme and values; with a focus on Early Years and younger children attending school/camp provisions. Under the direction of the Site Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the health and safety of children, clients and team is met at all times as well as maintaining both the site’s and team’s compliance with all policies and procedures.
There may be times when you will have to feedback to parents or school staff, so you will always need to present yourself in a professional manner.
Day to Day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Deliver activities (can include, multi sports, games, arts & craft, downtime, structured play, etc.)
• Review & reflect on delivered activities
• Complete H & S documentation (Accident Forms, Incident Forms, etc.) where required
• Complete or input into completion of daily camp/extended planner
• Use resources on TeamTalk to assist with all planning
• Inspire children, young people and clients to develop and lead healthy active lifestyles
Who are we looking for?
You will be an outgoing, enthusiastic and inspirational character, with a background in Early Years and/or Childcare. You will be a confident communicator, with the ability to vary your communication style effectively dependant on the audience you are addressing. Demonstratable experience working within a childcare, nursery or early years setting within a primary school or leisure centre is essential.
Most importantly, you will possess a passion for all things active! We continue to work hard to enforce our values at every level across Fit For Sport, so it is vital that you are able to adhere to them at all times. The Fit For Sport values are:
- ROLE MODEL
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Qualifications and Experience:
Although not essential, it is highly desirable that you possess one or more (or equivalent) of the following:
- A minimum of at least one Level 1 Sports Coaching qualification from a recognised NGB (National Governing Body)
- NVQ Level 2, BTEC, Early Years Educator (HD)
- NVQ Level 3, BTEC, Early years Educator (HD)
- NVQ Level 2, BTEC, Children & Young People (HD)
- NVQ Level 3, BTEC, Children & Young People (HD)
- NVQ Level 2, BTEC, Playwork (HD)
- NVQ Level 3, BTEC, Playwork (HD)
- Relevant Degree or Higher Education Certificate
- Relevant Physical Education & School Sports Certification
- A minimum of 1 Year Experience in a Childcare
What we can offer you
• 50% Discount on access to our services for your children – if you have any!
• Opportunity to complete a Pediatric First Aid Course through Fit For Sport
• Access to a range of Professional Development Training, Including Core Modules such as Safeguarding Children and the Common Core; as well as Site Management Training opportunities
• We will pay to sign you up to the DBS Update Service
• 28 days paid holiday (including UK Bank Holidays) each year (pro rata for part-timers)
• You’ll have access to our pension in service schemes
• Access to the cycle to work scheme
• Branded Company Uniform (Kukri) provided free of charge
• Clear pathways to progress with Fit For Sport; from extensive training and further development opportunities, to allow you to prosper both professionally and personally.
Fit For Sport is the UK’s Leaders with over 27 years' experience in developing children's health and activity levels; to help us change children’s lives today, join our winning team by clicking APPLY NOW!