A job with Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting, whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or outdoor industry career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun!
A Typical Day in the Job
Fit For Sport are the UK’s Leading provider of Physical Education, Physical Activity, Sports Coaching and Childcare provisions. With over 27 years of operational experience, Fit For Sport is ideal for anyone looking for active, exciting employment, in an enjoyable and rewarding setting.
Whether you are wishing to start or further your childcare, sports, or Physical Education career, or maybe you simply want to work with like-minded people in a supportive environment where the emphasis is on Active Fun – Fit For Sport will have a position for you.
A Typical Day In The Job…
With our hugely popular Camp and Extended Schools programmes growing in the number of locations and attendance figures, Fit For Sport are seeking to expand our Delivery Team with the addition of Activity Apprentices. Reporting to the Site Manager you will form part of the team responsible for the planning and delivering of activities in line with the Fit For Sport programme.
Under the direction of the Site Manager you will support the delivery team to ensure that the health and safety of children, clients and team is met at all times as well as maintaining both the site’s and team’s compliance with all policies and procedures.
Day to Day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in the planning and delivery of a wide range of multi-sport, multi-ability activities
• Liaising and providing feedback with/to site staff (school/leisure centre staff) and parents daily
• Support the Delivery Team to complete H & S documentation (Accident Forms, Incident Forms, etc.) where required
• Ensuring you adhere to all Fit For Sport values and ethos, continually promoting the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an outgoing, enthusiastic and inspirational character, with a background in Sports Coaching, Physical Education or Childcare. You will be a confident communicator, with the ability to vary your communication style effectively dependant on the audience you are addressing. Experience delivering a range of sports/multi-activity sessions is desirable, but by no means essential.
Most importantly, you will possess a passion for all things active! We continue to work hard to enforce our values at every level across Fit For Sport, so it is vital that you are able to adhere to them at all times. The Fit For Sport values are:
- ROLE MODEL
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Qualifications and Experience:
Although no exact qualifications or experience are required to apply for the Activity Apprenticeship, we would encourage you to apply if you possess any of the following:
- A Level 1 Sports Coaching qualification from a recognised NGB (National Governing Body)
- NVQ / BTEC Early Years Educator
- NVQ / BTEC Children and Young People
- NVQ / BTEC Playwork
- NVQ / BTEC in Sports
- Demonstratable experience/interest working within Sports, Physical Education or Childcare sectors.
What we can offer you
• 50% Discount on access to our services for your children – if you have any!
• Opportunity to complete a Pediatric First Aid Course through Fit For Sport
• Access to a range of Professional Development Training, Including Core Modules such as Safeguarding Children and the Common Core
• We will pay to sign you up to the DBS Update Service
• 28 days paid holiday (including UK Bank Holidays) each year (pro rata for part-timers)
• You’ll have access to our pension in service schemes
• Access to the cycle to work scheme
• Branded Company Uniform (Kukri) provided free of charge
• Clear pathways to progress with Fit For Sport; from extensive training and further development opportunities, to allow you to prosper both professionally and personally.
Fit For Sport is the UK’s Leaders with over 27 years' experience in developing children's health and activity levels; to help us change children’s lives today, join our winning team by clicking APPLY NOW!