What's it like
A typical day on this gap year project
A typical day of volunteering runs as follows:
- In the morning, you'll enjoy breakfast at our volunteer house before heading to one of our partner schools to assist with teaching, sports coaching, or building and renovation work.
- You'll break for lunch, during which you can relax in the shade or play with the children at the school.
- After lunch, you'll continue with your volunteering until approximately 3:30pm, when you'll be picked up by our in-country staff and taken back to your accommodation to freshen up.
- Before and after dinner, you can relax at your accommodation, or enjoy an afternoon activity as arranged with your Trip Host. Activities may include visiting a local market, relaxing at the beach, or exploring the local area.
This trip also includes an adventure activity at the weekend, which typically runs as follows:
- On the first day, your group will travel north, close to the famous Lake Volta, where you will begin your walking tour of a protected monkey sanctuary and feed bananas to Mona and Black-and-white Colobus monkeys.
- In the evening, you will check into a hotel for dinner, after which you can relax and watch the sun set.
- The next day, your group can choose to follow a rainforest trail to Wli Falls, or hike up Mount Afadjato. Although it only takes a couple of hours to ascend, Mt Afadjato is Ghana’s highest peak!
- After your exertions, it will be time to return to your accommodation and our partner projects in Woe.