with Xplore The World
|Summer Camp Internship|
|4th July – 1st or 15th August|
|£22,563.84 (per annum) less optional accommodation|
For more than 30 years Xplore has offered activity camps across the UK for children and young adults. Our centres are all in stunning countryside locations across the UK and the working environment is friendly and professional with accommodation on site.
A Typical Day in the Job
The Office Manager will focus on ensuring the organisational function of the centre through thorough planning and effective communication. To gain employment you will have to successful complete our in-house training.
Who are we looking for?
• Be able to organise and perform administrative skills and develop processes and ideas
• Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
• Knowledgeable of basic HR processes
• Computer literacy skills
• Be able to communicate using varying methods
• Have proven planning & organisational skills
• Be flexible to meet the demands of the job.
• Be standards driven
• Understand, meet and exceed company and clients’ expectations.
• Uphold and loyally represent decisions and policies of the company.
• Oversee the safety and well being of children, and accompanying adults, on site.
• Attend internal and external training courses organised by Xplore.
• Feed back safety issues to Centre Manager as they occur
• Resolve and action safety issues as required
• Deputise for the Centre Manager as required
• Coordinate and organise all paperwork and processes required in accordance with company guidelines
• Ensure a well-documented paper trail of each group
• Construct and maintain programmes for visiting groups and take into account their specific requests.
• Complete regular checks to ensure required standards are being upheld.
• Regularly liaise with Head Office.
• Manage welfare provision for all on site and maintain clear recording and reporting of any incidents
• Assist any person requiring medical treatment, or seeking professional help and record and report as required.
• Protect and conserve all properties belonging to the Company.
• Assess customer requirements and act accordingly.
• Perform any additional duties that may be required to maintain a quality service.
• Assist in the administration and monitoring of centre finances.
• Organise efficient duty rotas and programming.
• Assist the Chief instructor in the provision of induction and training of new arrivals
• Prepare and plan any aspect of programme execution.
• Gain satisfactory DBS clearance.
What we can offer you
All on site meals, Wi-Fi and washing facilities will be included in the subsidised accommodation package. You will work in a great atmosphere with a variety of amazing people to mix with. We encourage staff bonding so you gel as a team and work well together. We want you to enjoy your time with us just as much as the students we have on site. The recruitment process is easy, simply apply and if you're want we're looking for we'll arrange a Skype at your earliest convenience to discuss the role further with you.