The team at Pure Exploration are everyday people, helping people have extraordinary experiences. We think real travel isn’t just about box-ticking guidebook recommendations or Instagram shots, it’s about authentic experiences spent with new friends who inspire you to think about the world and yourself in new ways.
A Typical Day on this Course
Whether you are keen to become a guide, or simply experience the ultimate adventure holiday and perfect your outdoor survival skills, this is a trip not to forget. And you get to live in Patagonia for 3 months. Rad.
This 3 month program is broken into 3 modules that focus on different key areas to build your repertoire of skills and experience. Your time in Patagonia will be split between intensive practical and theoretical training, gaining world-recognised guiding qualifications, plus work experience in the adventure tourism industry.
This Argentinian - Chilean based program specialises in hiking, climbing and sea kayaking. While this is an Adventure Guide Program, it's not all about the outdoors and outdoor pursuits.There will be cultural activities and exchange; sightseeing and touring; personal development; community and social events; free time and plenty of opportunity for exploration.
Who are we looking for?
* English Language Fluency
* Be 18 years or older at time of commencement
* Moderate fitness is recommended. All professional development and training is provided
* Have a passion for travel, adventure, & tourism
* A desire to accept challenges, a thirst for knowledge, a love of outdoor activities or for our natural environment
* Be a social team player that enjoys helping others discover adventure!
Note spaces on this program are extremely limited, as work placements are held with tourism operators for limited staff numbers.
What we can offer you
* 12 week adventure tourism training and qualification program based in El Chalten, Argentina, the gateway to the trails surrounding the incredible peaks of the Cerro Torre and Cerro Fitz Roy mountains.
* Accommodation and meals for duration of program
* Work experience in the adventure tourism industry
* All technical equipment, program related transport & travel
* Qualified & experienced technical instructors
* NZ Outdoor Instructor Association Leader Hiking Qualification
* International Wilderness First Aid certificate
* Modules on guiding and leadership skills, critical incident management & technical skills
* Enjoy the experience of living in an isolated region of South America!
006421919369 | email@example.com