Our projects begin on the first Monday of each month
A Typical Day on this Course
As a volunteer on the Child Care Project, you will be working with existing Neighbourhood Care Points (NCPs) in the local community. Your role is to assist our local staff and community volunteers with the teaching of the syllabus, which includes maths, reading, writing, arts & craft, storytelling, and physical activity. You will also participate in weekly sports days held at the NCPs, and assist with serving breakfast and lunch. Generally, it’s also a great opportunity to bring fun and laughter into the children’s lives.
Some of the activities you will get involved in may include:
● Teaching English and maths and marking worksheets
● Leading role play and imagination activities
● Designing activities that support the syllabus
● Reading stories & facilitating learning through storytelling
● Giving support and attention to the children
Who are we looking for?
Come with enthusiasm and energy to change lives!
What we can offer you
During your stay, you will be accommodated in an award-winning Lidwala Lodge in Ezulwini Valley. Three meals a day will also be provided, some on a self-serve basis and others cooked for you.
Our projects also include:
● Comprehensive 24 hours, 7 days a week support from All Out Africa
● Volunteer projects specifically designed to enable you to make an active contribution during your stay
● Support of volunteer project coordinators who are experts in their fields which ensures the volunteer experience is valuable
● Comprehensive orientation to the country, its culture and your role as a volunteer upon arrival
● All food and accommodation throughout your stay