Our projects begin on the first Monday of each month.
A Typical Day on this Course
There are 3 distinct parts to this travel experience each with its own interesting flavor.
In Kruger, you will be joining a camping safari holiday. Here your days will be spent on game drives searching for the incredibly diverse wildlife that this world-renowned national park has to offer, while at night you will be camped out under the African stars, sitting around a crackling campfire listening to tales of the African bush. While in Kruger your guide will teach you about the animals and plants of the African Savannah and how important it is to protect this beautiful but fragile Eco-system.
When you arrive in the beautiful mountainous Kingdom of Swaziland your role will switch to volunteer as you get involved in projects that aim to uplift the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children.
Volunteers have the option of choosing the following projects:
Childcare which involves assisting the teachers at our Neighbourhood Care Points (NCPs), which act as pre-schools for orphan and vulnerable children (6-week option only)
Building which involves projects such as laying bricks for new classrooms or maintaining the gardens at our NCPs
Sports which includes assisting with running sporting activities with our NCP children including swimming and horse vaulting lessons
The final week of your experience is spent on the beautiful golden sand beaches of sunny Mozambique. After two weeks of hard work in Swaziland, it’ll be time to relax in this tropical climate and swim the blue waters of the warm and inviting the Indian Ocean. Mozambique is a colorful and vibrant African country like no other and it is here that you will get to spend the last days of your trip -a wonderful finale to an inspiring tour.
* Please note that the activities listed above are based on availability and may vary by season. These are samples of activities that are volunteers are likely to participate in.
Who are we looking for?
Join us with enthusiasm and energy to create change in people's lives!
What we can offer you
During your stay, you will be accommodated in a variety of lodges as you tour Southern Africa, but the home base will be the award-winning Lidwala Lodge in Ezulwini Valley. Three meals a day will also be provided, some on a self-serve basis and others cooked for you.
● Comprehensive 24 hours, 7 days a week support from All Out Africa
● Volunteer projects specifically designed to enable you to make an active contribution during your stay
● Support of volunteer project coordinators who are experts in their fields which ensures the volunteer experience is valuable
● Comprehensive orientation to the country, its culture and your role as a volunteer upon arrival
● All food and accommodation throughout your stay
● Tour guide for the duration of your tours