You will be working for The Bear Grylls Adventure and you will be based in United Kingdom.
Start Date :
Training starts end of July
The Salary :
Competitive, dependant on experience
The Bear Grylls Adventure is a brand new attraction due to open in Autumn 2018 and is a world first attraction of its kind.
Nick Varney, CEO Merlin Entertainments, said: “The Bear Grylls Adventure is a one of a kind attraction – bringing together Bear, one of the most celebrated and recognised faces of survival and outdoor adventure, and Merlin’s expertise in creating fantastic, memorable experiences for guests and families across the world.
“In a project that has taken nearly two years in the creation, Bear has been involved in each step of the attraction’s development – from the initial concept, to providing expertise and insight into the challenges. The market for adventure-based activities has incredible potential. Our research shows that nine out of ten young adults* are actively seeking adventure and challenge experiences, and this trend is set to continue.”
Visitors to The Bear Grylls Adventure can choose their greatest challenges from incredible headline activities, which include – Dive, Climb, iFLY (indoor skydiving) and the highest free-roam high ropes in Europe. In addition guests will be given entry to Basecamp, where everyone can learn and practice the skills needed for any great adventure in a selection of four group and individual challenges.
Challenges come in all shapes and sizes, from conquering small spaces, heights, the dark or facing creatures head to head. By testing focus and control, by learning a new skill or pushing stamina and drive with a new activity, adventurers will be able to test self-belief and physical and mental agility.
Bear Grylls said: “I have been so lucky to experience some of the toughest environments and challenges the world has to offer. When your greatest fears are laid bare, you have to keep your nerve and dig deep. That “never give up spirit” is what I hope to inspire in as many people as possible through this huge endeavour. The scale of challenges that can be found at Bear Grylls Adventure are truly mind blowing and it allows millions of others to find the courage and tenacity to conquer their own Everest.”
For more information please visit www.beargryllsadventure.com
A Typical Day in the Job
- You will instruct guests in the iFly Indoor Skydiving ‘Hero Activity’ element of The Bear Grylls Adventure.
- You will ensure that all guests have the very best and safest experience while participating in the iFly paid add on element of the attraction in the very safest, fun and timely manner.
- You will ensure the delivery of a seamless guest experience consistent with our company values and brand image.
- You will ensure that the attraction is presented and maintained to the highest standards in all areas at all times.
- You take ownership of any day to day challenges to ensure the smooth running of the business operation and follows through to provide a resolution.
- You will ensure all visitors and employees who participate in iFly do so in a safe environment that meets health & safety standards as set by company as well as local rules and regulations at all times.
- You are a positive, fun individual that loves working as part of a team to deliver the very best guest experience at The Bear Grylls Adventure.
Who are we looking for?
Full training will be provided, however it is a definite plus if you have prior iFly Instructor or Skydiving Instructor experience.
What we can offer you
Alongside a competitive annual salary and 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Merlin Magic pass which gives you free admission to all of Merlin’s attractions worldwide, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of Lego, and much more!
www.merlincareers.com | HREMEANewOpenings@merlinentertainments.biz