Our projects begin on the first Monday of each month.
A Typical Day on this Course
Your role is primarily based in pre-schools in the communities of Imizamo Yethu or Hangberg. Some of the pre-schools are open a full day, whilst others in the morning only, which means you will participate in the afternoons at youth projects providing support to disadvantaged children.
As a volunteer, you may be working in a para-parental role teaching children life skills that their missing or overwhelmed families are struggling with. At the pre-schools, you may work with a local caregiver or teacher assisting them and taking on responsibilities as your skills and experience allow.
As a volunteer you may get involved in any of the following activities:
● Teaching English and maths and marking worksheets
● Leading role play and imagination activities
● Designing activities that support the syllabus
● Reading stories & facilitating learning through storytelling
● Giving support and attention to the children
● Organising games & sports activities to help them learn
● Assisting with preparing and serving meals
● Teaching basic life skills including teeth cleaning & hygiene
* Please note that the activities listed above are based on availability and may vary by season. These are samples of activities that are volunteers are likely to participate in.
Who are we looking for?
Join us with enthusiasm and energy to change lives!
What we can offer you
During your stay, you will be accommodated in an award-winning Hout Bay Backpackers, in Hout Bay. Three meals a day will also be provided, some on a self-serve basis and others cooked for you.
● Comprehensive 24 hours, 7 days a week support from All Out Africa
● Volunteer projects specifically designed to enable you to make an active contribution during your stay
● Support of volunteer project coordinators who are experts in their fields which ensures the volunteer experience is valuable
● Comprehensive orientation to the country, its culture and your role as a volunteer upon arrival
● All food and accommodation throughout your stay